Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Quick catch up

I have several things to post about because I have been busy.

First of all my niece (Publisher Brother's baby) was finally born and there has been much excitement. I haven't seen her in person, but in photos she seems very cute for a baby that isn't mine. ;-) My brother seems to be shaping up to be a great dad and I am proud of him.

Second of all I was away all weekend doing Girl Scout overnight camp training. 18 hours worth of training and I have learned to make cornbread in a cardboard box and make a camp fire and steam muffins. I had a good time. One of the trainers is a music teacher at the school I went to when I graduated from High School and she taught us campfire songs, so it was nice to have someone who really can sing teach that part of the training, because that could have been really hard to sit through if it was just someone who "knew" the songs rather then someone who could sing the songs.

Because of this training, my eyes were so sore from all the campfire smoke and my lungs were sore from it I ended up not swimming yesturday because of the lung issue and it wasn't until Fly Guy got me some eye drops did my eyes start to feel better. They still are a little sore, but they are better.

I have other things I should write about, but I need to get the girls ready for school.

No comments: