Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Update on Audiobooks

Ok you guys helped me feel ok about me using audiobooks to finally "read" Lord of the Rings. I decided to go with it on CD rather then downloading because you can't get the best version digitally in the US...you can only get it digitally in the UK and iTunes and audible.uk.co makes it next to imposible to get something from them if you don't live in the UK and they don't allow gifting items to people in another country since I know many people in the UK I thought about that but reading the terms and condition found out that wasn't allowed and being a person who plays by the rules most of the time I couldn't see risking breaking that rule and losing my audiobook copy of Lord of the Rings. Turns out there is the same problem with the UK version of Harry Potter audiobooks. I had decided I wanted to get Horse Girl the UK version because I find the reader more pleasing to the ears then the US version and since I figure I will be hearing it also I wanted something I could handle. So I placed an order with amazon.uk.co to get audiobook copies of the first two Harry Potter books on CD. So I guess I will have a lot of CD ripping to do in the next few weeks. :-)

No comments: