Saturday, June 2, 2007

Quick update

Things are going really well here.....so well that I am worried that is just the calm before a major storm. History Girl hasn't had a major panic episode for nearly two weeks, which is what I needed. She was having at least one a day there and it was very very draining on me because I was the one who had to deal with it all the time since they happened most of the time while Fly Guy was at work or a Mason thing or whatever, just not around. History Girl's therapist gave her some great ideas how to deal with her panic episodes about two weeks ago and since there we have had no major issues. There was a small one yesterday where the 5th graders we presenting their reports on the states and History Girl handled a poisonous plant before the student announced that it was poisonous and she panicked, but she pulled herself together and even though I was in the school at the time nobody came to get me since it was such a minor episode and school councilor and the school social worker praised her for handing it well. So my fingers are crossed that we have turned a corner. I really do because the photos I took of History Girl before the 5th grade social last night they don't match up with this panic filled girl I deal with. The girl in the photo twirling in her dress because she like how it spreads out....that is the real History Girl....so I really really hope that we have turned a corner.

Horse Girl right now is at her riding lessons. Fly Guy took her this morning so I could have time to myself. (History Girl is camping with her Girl Scout troop.) Yesterday I was in the school for the whole day either working or volunteering. With just two weeks left in school I end up spending most of my days there. Any how Horse Girl's speech therapist and then her reading tutor came to talk to me. They are both amazed how well she is doing right now. Their only fear is that we are going into Summer vacation, Horse Girl is known for the large regression she has with speech and language even over just a long weekend like Memorial Day weekend. Horse Girl is getting Summer services which is great, but Fly Guy and I will have really work with her over the Summer too, so she just keeps going. Both her teachers talked about Horse Girl's great work ethic and how hard she is working lately. I told them I knew she was working hard at school because every day she comes home and just wrung out. She works so hard at school she is physically exhausted at the end of the day and the last few weeks she has been more tired then she has been the rest of the year.

Things are going well for Fly Guy....I don't think there is anything to report since they are going so smoothly.

With me I finally was able to shake that last depression and then I just have been busy with Girl Scouts....I just got my Leadership Development pin with 3 leafs (one leaf for every 10 hours of extra training I have done for Girl Scouts). I already know that I am going to get two more leafs before the end of September. Then there is always the fun running around making sure the girls are all registered for their Summer activities. History Girl: Band Camp, 5 weeks of Middle School Adventure Camp and Harry Potter Girl Scout Camp (which is an over night camp) Horse Girl: 6 weeks of day camp, Trip week (every day they take them to a different fun location...this happens to be the week that History Girl is at overnight camp so I will be able to just veg and take a break for myself that week....I wonder if I can get Fly Guy to take a day or two off that week) Lastly there has been the end of year wrap-ups for the girls to make sure things are in place for them for next year. Horse Girl needs to have a teacher who is ready to deal with someone with the phonological issues she has, and luckily there is a second grade teacher who is very good that that at her school. History Girl is moving from our nice small Elementary School to a much larger Middle School so there has been a lot of time spent getting her ready for the big transition, but I think she will do fine...she is looking forward to band and drama and French....so I am sure all will be fine.

So that is my update for now. :-)

No comments: