Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Disappoinment

Well today I got the call we have been waiting over a year for....the call from the Scottish Rite Learning Center with a space for Horse Girl this Summer. It turns out the space is only 1 hour twice a week right in the middle of the day for six weeks.....the same six weeks she has Summer camp. It was so hard to say no, but Horse Girl has the right to be a kid and do Summer things...if it had been more of a camp type thing (lasting all day or at least most of the day) or taking place at either the end or begining of the day....I would have grabbed that space so quickly. I am just so dissapointed. The Scottish Rite Learning Centers are the best place for kids with Dyslexia they have all the most current ideas and they have people who are just trained to work with Dyslexic kids. I so want Horse Girl to get in. The woman I talked to said most likely Horse Girl will get a space this Fall. In the mean time, Fly Guy and I continue to donate money and raise money for the Learning Centers in hopes they can hire more teachers.

No comments: