Thursday, June 7, 2007

Reply to comments

Christina says I crack her up because I seem to know what I should do. I know what would be allowed and viewed as ok by the general public, but I am not known to do just was is viewed as ok....I tend to go over the top....which is great with some things and a pain in the butt for others. It has worked well for getting me through school when people didn't think I could make it. It helped when I was 250lbs and wanted to lose weight and get fit...I didn't just lose the weight I started doing Tris and swimming meets again. This Summer will be my 4th Tri and I am now one of the top backstrokers in the state of Maine for my age.

So the issue is when do I give myself a break and say that it is ok to not give 110% for something I care about. Cutting myself a break is something that I find very hard to do, but I did order the audiobooks, so I am giving myself a break on this. :-)

I went out cycling this morning and these lyrics came up when I was riding and it fits how I feel about how I work towards something whether it be with my education, reading, writing, or fitness.

This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

No comments: