Friday, June 29, 2007

t minus 3 days and counting

Well Bush has already shown up in Maine for the Bush-Putin Summit....Putin will be showing up on Sunday. They have already announced where the secure zones are in Kennebunkport and the Coast Guard is already to enforce Walker's Points waterfront. Everyone is talking about how this is history being made. They might be right. I am still concerned about what will happen during those all important 24 hours that Putin will be here. I guess I have to just wait and watch like everyone else, but it has been making me a bit anxious. I don't trust either of these guys as far as far as I can throw them...yes I used to throw the shot put, but I can't throw them far. Well I guess I will be reading both the US and Russian papers closely the next few days to see what happens.

1 comment:

Alto2 said...

I read the opening lines of this post and expected a rant about all the hoohah and traffic for Bush being in Maine. Yes, the political outcome of the summit will be interesting, esp. since Shrub is a lame-duck and Putin isn't going anywhere.