Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer in Maine

I love Summer in Maine. The smell of the ocean and the scent of the pine trees mixed together is intoxicating to me. I can't even imagine living some place else during the Summer. It is also one of the reasons I rarely vacation outside of Maine in the Summer, it just isn't worth it to me, I live in my Utopia so why go any place else?

What I don't like about Summer is that I am a Taxi Driver for the girls. That is the main reason I haven't been posting lately. I look forward to Fall so I can start living outside of my car again. The only reason I am not in my car this morning is Fly Guy has taken over my morning route so I can go see the new Harry Potter movie this morning. So I am very happy...I love it when he does stuff like this for me.

This year Horse Girl is getting Extended Year Services (EYS) one hour a day four days a week. That is suppose to end at 9am and her Summer camp starts at 9am. I wish teleportation would be invented soon. I end up picking her up early from EYS and dropping her off at camp late. My view is that she needs the EYS, but she also has to be a kid with normal Summer activities. It is hard on me because I get so stressed about getting her from one place to the other, but it works out and I need to learn to relax a bit.

I am so proud of Horse Girl. She has been working so hard. She reads to me 15 mins a day every day, sometimes when it is a harder book she tires out and I take over. Her upper level reading level is H/I, she has trouble, but she can do it with help...she can read F level without any help at all. My hope is that she continues to grow over the Summer and the other kids regress a bit (mean of me I know) and she can start on a good footing since I know this is all so hard for her, but she pushes herself like no other person I know.

No comments: