Sunday, July 15, 2007

Responce to a Comment

There was a comment posted on my 8 random things post that I felt I should answer here. No I never lost anyone lifeguarding, but yes I do worry about teens lifeguarding because I know that not all teens realize what sort of responsibility that is part of being a lifeguard. I was not a typical teen when it because during the same time period I was lifeguarding I was a founding member of my high school's student rescue so I understood the resonsiblity that I was taking on it both areas. I liked the fact when I started lifeguarding I had an adult lifeguard with me the whole time. It was two years before I lifeguarded without an adult with me. That time I had an adult really reinforced the responsibility that came with being a lifeguard.

To this day I still count heads the whole time I am on the deck at a pool, just the way my brain works even today.

2 comments:

MLL said...

Maybe you should consider that as a career.....teaching and supervising student lifeguards!
Oh wait, I forgot you already have a summer job----"taxi driver" :-)

Mary said...

And now the theme from Taxi is running through the back of my brain.