Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eight Random Facts Meme

I was tagged by One Feather Tail a while back, but life has been busy and I haven't been able to do it.

OK, here are the rules:

1. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
I am not going to tag any one since I don't read many Blogs and all I do read have already been tagged.


1. I crashed my bike when I was 11 years old and was knocked out for several minutes and never told my parents. That is why I am so crazed about my girls needing to wear helmets.

2. Between working as a lifeguard and volunteering on a rescue I have saved a handful of people's lives so I know that I have already left a mark on this world.

3. I am very tone deaf. Makes living with a person learning French Horn very tolerable and is why I played drums rather then an instrument that I needed to tune.

4. I have watched a sex slave auction in New York City. I went to a S&M/B&D club with a friend who was researching human sexuality in college.

5. My inner voice has an ego the size of Texas....I just wish the inner voice could get around the bad brain chemistry and show itself to the outside world more often.

6. I hate all natural toothpaste....I want chemicals in my toothpaste please.

7. My earliest memory is me driving my trike down the stairs at my grandparent's house. My aunt and my grandfather were babysitting me. They had to take me to the hospital, and I remember the Doctors blowing up exam gloves to entertain me. I still have the scar on my forehead.

8. I have a fear of swimming in the ocean. I have a Tri in September where the swim is in the ocean....we will have to see which wins out...my fear of swimming in the ocean or my love of Tris

1 comment:

MLL said...

RE: #2, have you ever lost anyone while you were lifeguarding? This is a major concern for me with teen lifeguards and something I talk with my kids about in terms of their decision-making about guarding. I've known people who have been on guard duty when just recensomeone has drowned and it very traumatic. Its one of the main reasons DD2 has decided not to guard and DD3 sticks with shallow water. Within the past month we have had 2 drownings locally where teens were guarding---one at the Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park and one at a military base kids' pool. Both were very young children, found floating at the bottom of the pool where no one had noticed them until it was too late. So I think being a lifeguard is a good thing, but I worry about the number of teens that do it without any real concept of the potential not only to save someone, but to NOT save someone and the high level of responsibility involved.