Thursday, September 25, 2008

Omnivore’s Delight

I took this from Tales from the Testosterone Zone
I was worry about doing it because I admit I am fussy when it comes to food....in fact I am not really an omnivore....I eat fish and sometime poltry, but that is it when it comes to meat type things. I don't do coffee...tea is my thing....well really herbal tea...or the correct name tisane is my thing. I also rarely drink alchohol....I do drink mead, but that is about it. I am not as adventurous as a lot of people so I thought I would have a ton I wouldn't be willing to try.

The rules:

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.

The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht - Had it many times when traveling in the USSR, won’t touch it in the US
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari - love it
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi - have trouble with indian food I puff up so will not do
15. Hot dog from a street cart - there used to be a great hot dog vender in Portland, served kosher hot dogs and he would blow a Shofar...I miss him
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - very common up here in Maine blueberry wine and dandilion wine
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes - My parents grow them
22. Fresh wild berries - I live in Maine home of the wild blueberries and wild strawberries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - maybe not a whole one but I would think about it
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava - Love it
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas - one of my favorte snacks
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - Hello once again I point out I live in Maine you can’t swing a dead lobster without hitting some New England Clam Clowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi - see number 14
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat - see number 14
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - Not like I haven’t had the chance Fly Guy has had plenty of good single malt whiskies floating around the house
46. Fugu - I would be tempted, but most likely my sane mind would kick in as with the Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel - eat it and realize I don’t like it and then I try it again and don’t like it...so I won’t eat it ever again because I keep trying it to make sure I still don’t like it
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut: don’t get the big hype about it
50. Sea urchin - Fly Guy tried it a couple time and just the smell and techture turned me off
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer - see #14
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - gross
56. Spaetzle - I have never tried it, but will be trying it in November
57. Dirty gin martin
58. Beer above 8% ABV - another thing I had in the USSR, but don’t do in the US
59. Poutine - haven’t had it but would like to
60. Carob chips - People who don’t like carob, are normally who view it as a chocolate substitue, carob is something that needs to be it’s own thing and once you get to that point carob is good.
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads - someone needs to be threating to hurt a friend or family member before I am willing to eat
63. Kaolin - no idea what this is
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis - might try if I am touring Scotland after having a bottle of Whiskey
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini: Of course....it was the first thing I had when I was in the USSR they also had caviar served on boil egg halves which I didn’t like as much
73. Louche absinthe
74.Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - might be in the same catigory as the Sweetbreads
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong - I don’t like it I think this is the one that smels like burning tires
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict- Not Eggs Benedict with ham, but with veggies and seafood :-9
83. Pocky - love Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse- never ever ever
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam never have had it and never will
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor - rather have my lobster striaght up
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

No comments: