Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Berth Day Once Again

Last night the Red Sox made it into the playoffs once again. I am glad for it, but I am not counting on anything. It is never good to be cocky. I swam for a swim team who had not lost a swim meet since before I had been born. When I was 17 swimming on the team we lost our first swim meet. Between that and being a Red Sox fan for a good part of my life, I know a loss could come out of anywhere so keep quiet, stay modest and keep your head down. ;-)




On a different topic, but related to the Red Sox....have I have said how much I like Jonathan Papelbon. I think the world would be a better place if people took a lesson or two from him. He takes his job very seriously. He gets upset with himself when he knows he could have done better and didn't for what ever reason. So those are two nice things. The last thing that makes me like him is when he is not working he knows how to let go and celebrate/relax. He has danced to raise money for the Mike Lowell Foundation, he has lip sinced for rain delay entertainment, he has danced for Red Sox Nation in his underwear, and he wears a kilt. What is not to like. :-)





1 comment:

Christina said...

Papelbon is cool. Different, intense and fun to watch.

I do wish that the rest of the Boston fans took your cue :-)