Friday, October 12, 2007

Moms' weekend

Colubus Day weekend for the last 10 years the August Moms list has had a reunion in different cities around the US. I have gone every year. I wouldn't miss it. This year it was in San Antonio. I had a good time...it wasn't a place I would have picked to go by myself, but I am glad the August Moms went there because that means that I got to see some of the Missions and the Alamo and learned more about Texas history.

That is what is wonderful about these trips, I would go no matter where it is. It could be in the middle of no where and I would still go. As I said many times over the weekend, I don't care what we do I am just there for the company.

We ate more TexMex then I can handle. It was good, but I am going to need a break from it for about a month. We also went to Ruth Chris' Steak House. Fly Guy found this funny that I went to Ruth Chris' because I don't eat meat, so he wanted to know what I ate. Well for my meal I ordered the appatiser of crab stuffed mushrooms and shared a bunch of the sides with other people. I have not eaten red meat for long enough that I have no problem figurering out how to feed myself at a resturant. :-)

The sad part of this time of year is that there is a whole year before we get together again. It is still too early for us to pick next year's location so I can't even start thinking about next years reunion because I don't know where it is going to be except some where on the West coast.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Okay -- this much I can tell you (even if we don't know where we will be).

We will have FUN.

We will walk a lot.

We will chat and jabber.

Some of us will shop.

So, while you can't start planning, we've already got the plan down.