Monday, October 1, 2007

History Girl's First Swim Practice

History Girl had her first swim practice this evening. Maybe I should change her name to Swim Chick here....maybe, but not yet. I am so proud of her I could burst. History Girl is known for not really working hard at anything. She coasts, she is very smart, and because of that she can do well and not really apply herself. It is something that she gets from Fly Guy....I am not being mean or anything if you asked him he would tell you the same thing. Any how back to History Girl and her swim practice. They were working on stroke drills to prefect their swimming form. Drills can be hard to do because you really have to think about what you are doing, but History Girl did it all and without a fuss. She listened well, she took criticism well and the coach was very good at complementing her when she did do what he wanted her to do. She swam about 500 yards in the hour practice, which is a fraction of what I do, but for a kid who is just starting that is pretty good. She does have a natural breaststroke...with a little refining she really will do well at it. I am so proud of the fact that she really worked hard at something and she did an amazing job. I told her how proud I was of her and how she did a great job.

Fly Guy is out this evening so I can't even share with him how proud I am of History Girl. I tried to call him on his cell phone, but he didn't pick up, so I am stuck gushing here. :-) Can I say again how proud I am of her? :-)

No comments: