Sunday, April 29, 2007

Diaries and Journals

I have never been a person to write in a diary or in a journal so this whole blog thing is a very new idea for me.

I did try a diary for a short period of time and a journal for even a shorter period of time.

I had this diary with a Kilban cat on the cover with a little lock and all that stuff. The problem was that the lines were so close together and because of my dysgraphia I couldn't write in such a small space. Plus handwriting for any period of time makes my hands hurt with is another side effect of the dysgraphia. My hands hurt because I hold the pencil/pen too tight. I can't fill out forms for my daughters' camps without pain and needing to get up often and shake my hand out, so diaries have been right out for me. Though I did learn later that fountian pens because of their nibs do make writing less painful for me. Using a fountian pen is what let me get through college without someone else taking notes for me.
When I was in high school my Senior English teacher wanted us to keep journals and he understood my problems so he was 100% ok with me typing it. Well I wrote my journal, my mother read it and I was grounded.

So between the two experances I saw no benifit in putting my thoughts down because they only got me into trouble or caused me a lot of physical pain. So we will see how Blogging goes.

No comments: