Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update on Horse Girl

Just a quick update on Horse Girl. I greatful for the suggestion that people gave me and I have filed them away because I know I am going to have Horse Girl at loose ends at some point again sooner or later. It seems that Horse Girl needed time away from school work and time with horses. She normally has 1 hour or so with horses every week. Horse riding camp she had 20 or so hours with horses over the week. We also decided that we would have her take a break from school work for the week. An hour of one on one speech and 5 hours of one on one reading every week when other kids (read big sis) are sitting around not doing much except for hanging out with friends, watching TV and playing Webkinz. (and in the case of big sis walking to historical houses. :-) ) So week off from school work and and week with horses seems to calm Horse Girl. So all is good. School starts in three week and extended year services are done for the Summer so Horse Girl and I will work together for the next three weeks to keep her on top of her game, but not so much that she freaks out again.

No comments: